Why didn't O'Day get a QO

Catch 8

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he'd accept it in a heartbeat?

One-year contracts are pretty good deals for teams nowadays, no? The only reason not to throw him a QO is if you plan on not contending; otherwise, how many times during the season are we going to wish we had DOD for just one inning?

Already asked. OH was split about 50/50. I was for the QO but about an equal number thought the chance was too high that he would accept. Basically it comes down to "no player has ever accepted a QO" against "you never offer a QO to a non-closer".

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149181-Wild-Idea-Offer-O-Day-the-QO

Already asked. OH was split about 50/50. I was for the QO but about an equal number thought the chance was too high that he would accept. Basically it comes down to "no player has ever accepted a QO" against "you never offer a QO to a non-closer".

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149181-Wild-Idea-Offer-O-Day-the-QO

Thank you.

Will that get it done?

I gotta imagine that puts you in the ballpark give or take a little. I can't see him getting much more than say 3/25 even if some team falls in love with him.

He will generate a lot of interest I think, relievers like O'Day who are consistent and reliable generate activity and usually get a premium. Sadly think he will get 3 years and more than we are willing to offer

Mets are interested.

Will have to see.

I hope the Mets sign him. I think he will do well there.

Yea actually he would be a tremendous signing for them.

Actually the perfect trade target for the Mets would be the Orioles. Adam Jones and Britton would fill their most pressing needs perfectly. Not suggesting we should trade those guys just saying if I were the Mets I would call and see about them.

Yea actually he would be a tremendous signing for them.

Actually the perfect trade target for the Mets would be the Orioles. Adam Jones and Britton would fill their most pressing needs perfectly. Not suggesting we should trade those guys just saying if I were the Mets I would call and see about them.

I'd much rather flip Britton the the Astros, their system is sick deep.

I'd much rather flip Britton the the Astros, their system is sick deep.

Yea that makea sense also.

But if I were the Mets and were willing to move Harvey, I might ring DD up about AJ and Britton. The Mets, Astros, Cubs, Dodgers are among the few teams that could make that call and have the assets to give DD something to seriously think about.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yea that makea sense also.

But if I were the Mets and were willing to move Harvey, I might ring DD up about AJ and Britton. The Mets, Astros, Cubs, Dodgers are among the few teams that could make that call and have the assets to give DD something to seriously think about.

I would rather blow up the whole team then just trade Jones.

I think that would be a real tough sell to the fanbase.

I would rather blow up the whole team then just trade Jones.

I think that would be a real tough sell to the fanbase.

Very tough.

I doubt any team could meet the price. Its also about perception as you point out. It would have to be a big haul to be able to sell it.

I gotta imagine that puts you in the ballpark give or take a little. I can't see him getting much more than say 3/25 even if some team falls in love with him.

He will generate a lot of interest I think, relievers like O'Day who are consistent and reliable generate activity and usually get a premium. Sadly think he will get 3 years and more than we are willing to offer

Four 32. Or Three 26.

Archived